facebook twitter pinterest instagram bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Saturday 27 December 2014

Wedding Diary - My Wedding

 
 
Well this week has been eventful and hectic and this will be my last Wedding Diary.
As you know I got married on Christmas eve, so I can't really keep going with the wedding diary, so it's time to brainstorm really and decide what to do next, but that's off topic.
 
My chummy stayed over with me at my house the night before the wedding and after Prosecco I don't think she appreciated me singing along to Disney songs and keeping her awake... but I couldn't sleep.
I couldn't help it.
 
So that was me getting evils all morning while she was yawning at the hairdressers.
Although, she did manage to stay awake so it wasn't that bad.
 
Getting our hair done took slightly longer than we thought it would, so we all had to rush home to mine and get ready, we all did our own makeup, which is really stressful before a wedding.
Usually when you do your make up and you do a bit slightly wrong you either do it again
 or just go with it.
There is no 'just going with it' on your wedding day and when you're surrounded by 2 bridesmaids and your mum rushing you for time there is no way you can re-do all of it, so you have to fix the tiny bits as you go along and hope to god it all looks ok at the end.
 
After that you have to attempt to get the heaviest dress on without touching your hair and makeup. Which is easier if you step into it rather than lift it over your head. Saying that, you then need someone underneath your dress to find your feet so that you don't stand on the netting.
As if that wasn't hard enough you also need to get your hoop on under the dress. You can't have it on first if you're stepping in to the dress as it won't fit, and you can't lift the dress because of hair and make up so yet again someone needs to go under the dress and pull up the hoop.
Very lady like... thanks mum!
 
If that wasn't enough, someone who knows what they're doing or 3 people in my case, need to hold the dress tight, hold the ribbons of the corset and lace and tighten the dress.
You've seen it in films... yes she did put he foot on my back to tighten my corset.
 OMG did I look thin when they'd finished!
 
All that's left to do then is navigate the stairs in a huge dress that you cant see your feet in.
I have two flights of stairs!
 So anyone who can do that downstairs in the kitchen or living room... do it.
 
Once all that was done everyone left and my dad came in, and we waited for the car
 to come and pick us up.
 
Again that it's not very lady like.
You get bundled backwards in to a car and the rest of your dress thrown in after you.
To say it's supposed to be the most lady like, elegant day of your life.
You'll find it's not.
 
Especially when you get there and they have to bundle you back out of said car dress and feet first and you're met by your photographers to catch the whole fiasco. 
 
Some one met us at the door and showed us into a room to go over final details to confirm that the wedding certificate would be correct.
 
Then we waited for everyone else to get ready and be in the positions and places they're meant to be in and we were walked to the entrance of the room.
 
They asked for the room to be upstanding for the bride and my bridesmaids set off, one by one then it was my turn. Nerve-wracking isn't the word... my heart was beating out of my chest and I was shaking like mad. My dad walked me down the aisle to where Mikey was stood with my mum as his witness and that's when he looked at me for the first time with his eyes slightly teary. 
 
Then we started our vows, Mikey was first and his voice was shaking.
I kept squeezing his hand, trying not to give too much eye contact because that made his voice shake more and it was making my eyes tear up too.
 
When he had done, I had to say my vows and my voice was low and shaky and I couldn't help but look at the Registrar because I really didn't want to cry.
 
My cousin who is my hairdresser already had me in tears earlier that day when she listened to my aisle music. So I thought as soon as I heard it again that I would be in tears to but my heart was beating that loud and I was concentrating that hard on not falling over that I didn't even hear it.
 
My aisle song was 'Kissing you'
It's from Romeo and Juliet if you think it sounds familiar.
 
We both managed to get through our vows, tears intact then we had to sign the register. Mikey did his fine but my hand was shaking so bad, plus with the wedding nails, my signature looked nothing like it should have.
 
While we were signing the register and having photos taken we had
 
Then we all walked out myself and Mikey first while everyone clapped. 
Then everyone else followed us out where we had loads more photos taken and they took us to the grand staircase for more photos. We where there must have been half hour taking photos, trying to get everyone in and some separate.
 
The car was waiting for us when we got outside, my mum and dad went back first while we got more photos with the bridesmaids, then I got bundled back into the car and taken to my mums house where we had a small party. As we only wanted a tiny wedding we didn't want to book out a huge room, so my mum did the catering, helped by one of my bridesmaids' mum.
 
A few hundred photos were taken and quite a few bottles of wine, lager and whiskey were drunk.
Nothing ever goes exactly to plan, especially at weddings, but mine went pretty well and I'm really grateful to those that took the time out to come and to be with us on one of the best days of our lives.
 
We have decided, as I do want all of my family involved, that we will be having a big reception in the new year which all my family will be invited to so that no one feels left out as that's not what we wanted. we just wanted it to be as small and as stressless as possible.
 
So that's something we will get on with planning soon.
 
Thank you x
 
Gina xoxo   
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment