facebook twitter pinterest instagram bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Friday 12 December 2014

Blogmas Day 12 - Mum to the rescue

 
 I know I haven't opened my advent calendar in a few days so I decided to open them today.
 
 
For the 10th it was the spiced orange, for the 11th it was Christmas memories and todays is a Christmas cookie.
 
I really like Christmas memories one, it's hard to describe what it smells like. It has been described to smell like spices and sweets. Which seems pretty accurate, so I'll go with that.
 
Yesterday my mum and dad came over to see me with a honey and lemon concoction apparently my grandad swore by it.
 
So you boil 6 lemons, sliced, in a pan. Add 3 to 4 table spoons of honey and sugar to taste.
Bottle it and leave it in the fridge overnight.
 
If it's kept refrigerated it should keep for  a few weeks but mine didn't last that long... May ask my mum to make some more.
 
When you want it, warm it up for about a minute and half in the microwave, poor brandy or whisky, which ever you like best (mines always brandy) stir it and drink.
 
I was told to drink it before I went to bed but honestly that didn't do me much good as I cant sleep with coughing and lack of breathing but I had it again this morning and I swear my throat does feel a bit better.
 
Mine looked like this ... ignore PJs... very ill remember..
 
 
So good and a little bit addictive.
 
Night
Gina xoxo
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment