facebook twitter pinterest instagram bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Wednesday 25 March 2015

Ta Daa!! Look what I made!!

 
If you saw my last blog post you will know that I've taken up knitting and crocheting and I wanted to let you know how I've done so far.
 
So I started out knitting by following tutorials on you tube, the one that helped me the most was Chandi's from Expression Fiber Arts, I've linked her video here incase you're interested in learning how to knot too. That's also where I got the idea/pattern for the headbands that I've made. She has quite a few tutorial videos and a website with a shop and a blog on there as well so go check those out at www.expressionfiberarts.com.
 
Here are my knitted projects.
 
 
The one on the far left is my first attempt and therefore my scrappy on to keep. The other 3 have been bought and I made them as requested. I love the yarn that I used, because of the marbled pink through it they all turn out differently so none of them are identical which is nice.
 
As I said in my last post which I shall link here, I sort of already knew how to knit to begin with so I haven't put mounds of effort in to this just yet. I'm really excited to be learning something brand new in crocheting so at the minute that's getting a lot of my attention but I will be returning to my knitting very soon, I have to I've already had 1 request for a hat and 1 request for a jumper lol. I just need to figure out how to do these and I'll be well away.
 
For now though, I have been practicing crocheting over and over and over again. Now I didn't go out and buy a whole kit for this, I literally own just the one hook but I have a few more bits on order so I'm excited to get those to show you.
 
These are my monsters... I mean creations so far.

 
These were literally just me learning the single crochet stitch with wool that's too thin and a crochet hook that's too small lol I need more practice at these I think, just for the fact I miss the last stich sometimes because I cant see it then the sides get all wonky. I'm hoping this will get better with the new hooks I've ordered.

 
This little thing is my attempt at all 5 stiches, again, little but wonky but practice makes perfect and all that fluff. Also it didn't always look so shabby, the dog attempted to eat it while I was taking my pics.... The stitches I learned from Leticia at Made with love by Glama. The link to her first lesson on Crocheting is here.

 
Although THIS I am super proud of. Again I learnt this from Chandi at www.expressionfiberarts.com in this video here. Mines smaller because I did it late last night and I admit I was getting a little stressed with it so I'll attempt that again later.
 
I realise this is a very long post and if you stayed till the end you are a star and thank you!!!
I mean it, I really do appreciate all of you that read my posts.
 
I hope you liked it and I'll be updating my blog with any future projects I have, at the moment though, I think I need more practice.
 
I just want to thank Chandi and Leticia, if you're reading, you helped me immeasurably when I no longer have a grandma to ask all my knitting or crocheting questions. Your videos are always there to answer. Thank you xx
 
Gina xoxo
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme