facebook twitter pinterest instagram bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Saturday 10 January 2015

Hot or Not Weekly Review - Cidar Court Hotel/Restaurant

 

Weekly Review

Last Saturday we went on a double date with my chummy Rachel and her wife Shelley. We went to Cidar Court Hotel for a 3 course meal that we found on Groupon.
 
I have to say the food was really nice and I'd like to try it again. I had a melon dish to start which also had cranberries, strawberries and Cherries with berry compote. For main I had a Roast chicken breast with a tomato pasta with a tomato and herb sauce, I have to say the sauce was a little bit too watery for my liking and I think Shelley agreed with me as she had the same. To finish I had a rocky road cheesecake, It was different, I'll give it that. To be fair the cheesecake was quite nice.

One thing that did let it all down was the 'restaurant'. Whilst we all had a good time and the food was gratefully received with good service and friendly staff... the space just didn't do it for me. It looked like they had just sectioned off a small corner of the foyer and to be honest that's exactly what it was.

I can't really say I was impressed or wowed by it. Come to think of it that's probably why they were advertising on Groupon and without the Groupon voucher I definitely wouldn't pay the asking price for the whole package we received.
 
Not great for a best western hotel at all. Sorry to say but my first review is starting on a Not.

Let me know in the comments or on facebook or twitter if anyone else has been and had a different experience.

Gina xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment