facebook twitter pinterest instagram bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Thursday 29 January 2015

Film Review: Into The Woods

 
I watched this film quite recently and if I'm honest I'm not quite sure how I feel about it.
 
As the title suggests the film is pretty much all about going into the woods and it follows 4 different stories, the baker and his wife, little red riding hood, Cinderella and Jack and the bean stalk.
 
They all for whatever reason need to go in to the woods to get what they wish for and we all know that saying, be careful what you wish for. They all then meet the rest of the characters like Rapunzel, Prince Charming and The wolf. 
 
I liked it don't get me wrong but its one of those films that now I've seen it I probably wont watch again and if I'm honest I think it has been given quite a big hype that it doesn't really deserve.  Although I do think James Corden did really well in it. He's the main character which is weird to say he is surrounded by people like Meryl Streep and Johnny Depp but he did a good job.
 
You can watch the trailer for it here.
 
All in all I'd give it maybe 7/10..based on the fast that it wasn't a bad film and some of it was funny and sarcastic but it did have a lot going on, maybe too much, but that's just my opinion. The songs in it reminded me of Sweeney Todd too which was a bit weird.
 
Give it a watch and let me know what you think.
 
Gina xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment