facebook twitter pinterest instagram bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Saturday 8 November 2014

Wedding Diary - Week 3rd November 2014

 

Wedding Diary

Week - 3rd November
 
Well what a quiet week I've had, with everything being almost ready for the wedding
it feels like nothing needs to be done but I know that's not right.
I have literally got a list of things that still need doing. It's just that everything now is
 waiting on dates or appointments or other people.
 
Although not quite wedding related, I did pass my
Theory test on Tuesday so I'm really happy about that.
 I can't wait to get through the practical and get a car!! SOOO EXCITED!
I think having my own car would have majorly helped with the wedding planning.
 
Especially for days like earlier on today (Saturday 8th) I had to go to Stitches,
 which is owned my Wendy and she does all sorts or tailoring, alterations and repairs,
also she gets things like veils and other normal clothes dry cleaned. So far she has altered
my dress and given me some great advice on taking care of it. She's a little star.
 
Anyone who lives near the Leeds area, she's definitely worth a look up.
 
It looks quite an old fashioned little shop but she is amazing at what she does and she's
been doing it for over 20 years.
 
As well as going there and back for alterations we have been to pick up a suit jacket and
get a waist coat exchanged. So having my own car would definitely have helped,
at the moment I get driven around like royalty by my dad, bless his heart.
 
So as I said in my last blog my wedding dress is based on Belle's dress from beauty and
the beast so Wendy advised I should get a hoop to go under my dress which should
 make walking with ridiculous amounts of material around me a lot easier and also
make it 'swish' I think by the time Wendy said swish I was sold, so my bridesmaid
has been searching high and low for one. I was quite surprised that you can find them pretty
cheap online I think Rachel (my bridesmaid) found one for less than £15 on eBay... and to say
you're only going use it for one day to hold a dress up I don't really think it should be that expensive.
 
So I cant wait to get one and try my dress on with it underneath - may even add a pick on here
of it properly fitted.
 
Next week we have a meeting to go register the marriage at the registry office so that we
can get married at City Hall which apparently has a nice big staircase where you can have pics taken. So I'm excited for that. I'll also try and get pics as we will be going there next weekend.
 
 
Until next week
Gina xoxo
 


No comments:

Post a Comment