facebook twitter pinterest instagram bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Saturday 11 April 2015

Teatox...does it work? - The Update

 
As promised, this is an update on the teatox I started.
 
If you haven't see my previous post I have linked it here.
The teatox I tried is the Skinny Mint teatox which has the morning boost and night cleanse teas.
 
So I took it as instructed, I wouldn't say it tastes horrible, but it's not a taste I would pick to drink daily. I'm more of an Earl Grey - Bergamot and lemon girl myself but as I say neither of the teas where horrible.
 
I do think that maybe it could have helped as an appetite suppressant although I cant be 100% sure whether that was a subconscious choice to eat less or whether the tea actually had an affect. I was a little bit apprehensive about the night cleanse as it does say that it has a laxative effect and when you hear that you expect to be running to the loo but honestly it was nothing like that.
 
I did have a small trip to hospital recently and whilst trying to think of things that could have caused my symptoms; apart from stress this was the only thing I'd done differently. Honestly I do believe it was stress that caused my symptoms but I stopped taking the tea anyway.
 
Overall in the time I was taking the teatox I haven't noticed any dramatic difference in weight or inches around my waist so if I'm honest I don't think this teatox worked for me.
They do all say to maintain a healthy balanced diet and exercise which to be fair if you just stuck to that you would have the results you were after in the first place but you might think it was the teatox that was doing it.
 
I think the best way to detox is to do it how nature intended.
 
Did you know that if you drink the 8 cups of water that is recommended and if you spread them out throughout the day it will help suppress your appetite, increase energy and get rid of toxins in your body.... kind of what teatox says it does.
 
So I think I'll stick to my Earl Grey and increase my water intake.

I hope this helped and maybe saved you a few ££s on a teatox you probably don't really need.
 
Gina xoxo
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme